The store-able, portable, affordable panel saw and router kit
The Swap Saw is back and better than ever! The design has been upgraded to make it stronger and easier to setup.
Swap Saw Basic Features
- Crosscut capacity: 51"
- Rip capacity: 48" in width; unlimited length
- Handles 60- x 60" Baltic birch with an initial rip cut.
- Miter capacity: 45° up to 36" wide
- Depth of cut: Standard 1-5/8" (Up to 2" with the affordable recommended saw)
- Bevel cuts in both crosscut and rip modes: Up to 45° with the affordable recommended saw (requires a modification on the saw slot in the saw carriage) (NOT possible with new injection molded carriages)
- Carriages: 1/2" thick shatterproof polycarbonate for a clear view of the cutline. Both the saw and router carriages are predrilled for quick tool mounting.
- Accuracy: Within 1/32" over 4 feet
- Set up: 96 wide x 82 High x 30
- Stored: 84" x 82" x 6" with the legs folded in
- Knocked down: 40" wide x 80" tall x 12" deep
What You'll Need to Supply
To keep costs down, we don't supply parts that are either cheaper for you to get yourself or cost too much to ship. Here's what you'll need:
- 1 sheet of 4' x 8' x 3/4" plywood
- 1 2x4 x 8'
- 1 2x6 x 8'
- 1 piece of 2' x 4' x 1/2" plywood or OSB remnant (may have to buy a new sheet)
- 6 Door Hinges (We did not include them because you can buy them at Home Depot for less than we could buy them for)
- DeWalt DW or DWE 575 circular saw (does not work with any other saw).
- Porter Cable 690 fixed base router (Optional, several other routers fit the Swap Saw™ carriage)